How Long Do Windshield Wipers Last?: Windshield Wipers are a very common part used in automobiles but also a very important part when it comes to safety points of view. It necessity came to action when weather is not good and there is snowing or dust is there on the windshield due to which visibility of driver becomes low and that can increase the chance of getting into trouble is this type of situation. Earlier people have to come out of the car and remove snow from the window after every few minutes that is a headache but windshield wipers make that headache gone wiping out almost all types of obstacles like dust, sand, snow, fog, rainy water.
How Long Do Windshield Wipers Last?
When you are looking for windshield wiper than you must consider few points like better performance in the best price and one important thing that is long-lasting capability. The windshield must be long-lasting nature like rubber material that is used and aerodynamics that is used for frame must be good. Finding out one windshield wiper is long lasts or not is getting reviews or finding reviews on the internet who have used and how they experienced while they have used.
How long do windshield wipers last?
How long a windshield wiper will last is not a perfect question because it has no perfect answer. It is because it totally depends on how much windshield wiper is getting used and also depends on the quality of rubber and which weather and condition it has to deal with. As weather condition plays an important role, like suppose if one windshield wiper lasts one year in ice and snowy weather than it might stay twice or thrice in normal weather condition.
Also, in dry and sunny weather it might be possible if rubber quality is not good then it can dry can start cracks in it and also can damage the windshield. There is no such particular answer or estimation for windshield wipers as it totally depends on many things like material that is made of and whether that it is facing and usability of it. Hence this question is not proper and it has no perfect answer available. But yes sure we can do proper ways to makes sure the age of windshield wiper get extended. We will discuss such methods to prevent windshield wipers from losing their age and performance below.
How can we increase windshield wiper’s long-lasting capacity?
The long-lasting capacity of windshield wiper is time duration after that wiper or its blade gets damaged or performance is reduced or due to any reason, it cannot make windshield to optimum visibility in severe weather conditions. So in that condition, you need to replace that windshield wiper or replace the only blade that depends on you. We have also mentioned the top windshield wiper list on our site and also mention which one has what type of long-lasting capacity and on that basis you may choose your best windshield wiper that fits in your requirement. For the increasing long-lasting capacity of windshield wiper you can follow below things:
1. Wash your wiper blade with soap water or washer fluid: Due to this step dust and the dry particle will be removed from the blade which will lead to good and smooth wiping and also those particles now will not able to damage wipers.
2. Keep your car in shadow area: Due to this step, your car will avoid being in direct sun rays which will make sure that the wiper blade will not dry or became hard too fast.
3. Don’t ever make your wiper wipe with dry: In this step, you should avoid doing wiping when there is nothing like water, snow means if the surface is dry then you should avoid wiping.
4. Lift your wiper when snowing: In this step, you should lift up your wipers when snow is falling.
What should we not do to make windshield wipers long-lasting?
You Might Also Like:
There are a few things that you should keep in mind and not do if you want to make your wiper long-lasting. Such things are mentioned below:
- 1. Don’t ever make your wiper wipe with dry
- 2. Don’t let kids play with blades they can harm themselves or also can damage wiper or its blades.
- 3. Make sure any animal does not come in contact with the windshield.
- 4. If anything is stuck and dried then avoid to do wiping with a wiper to remove that instead remove by yourself.
- 5. If your windshield wiper is dry and cracks are there replace their blade.